Thursday 4 August 2022

Lufthansa offers customers carbon-neutral fare

Lufthansa offers customers carbon-neutral fare

Airline Lufthansa is offering customers the chance to buy carbon-neutral fares with their tickets.

Sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) accounts for 20% of this purchase, with the remaining 80% put towards buying carbon offsetting credits for each person.

Labelled the ‘Green Fare’, it will initially only be offered to flights from Denmark, Sweden or Norway, in its trial phase.

It will be an option for all guests when they purchase flight tickets online, with travel agencies across Scandinavia to start introducing the Green Fare from Autumn.

Christina Foerster, Lufthansa Group’s Executive Board, said: “People don't just want to fly and discover the world - they also want to protect it. We want to make carbon-neutral flying a matter of course in the future.”

Written by

Bruna Pinhoni

Trending Articles