Arriva strives to be Europe’s mobility partner of choice.
Arriva is the leading pan-European public transport operator. In a normal year, we deliver around 2.1 billion passenger journeys in 14 countries across Europe, operating 17,000 buses and 770 trains with 46,000 employees.
We work with Governments and transport authorities to create a positive impact on society by providing essential daily services that keep communities connected in a sustainable way. We know we have a vital role to play in the journey to Net Zero, through modal shift to shared mobility solutions, so that our cities become less polluted and European Governments can achieve their targets.
As a public transport provider, protecting the environment is already part of what we do as we strive to continually reduce the impacts of transportation, while at the same time minimising our own environmental impacts as a business. We call this our journey to Destination Green.
“Arriva is at the heart of supporting Europe’s journey towards net zero in transportation.”
Corporate Strategy Director
What we’ve achieved so far:
From 2016 to 2021 we’ve achieved a lot – some examples are here:
- 87% of our electricity comes from renewable sources
- Reduced the average emissions from an Arriva bus by nearly 50% (Nitrogen Oxides) and over 60% (Particulate Matter), since 2010
- Saved fuel through technical measures, and eco-driving techniques, on both buses and trains – 19.2% less carbon emitted from our buses and 11.8% less carbon emitted from our trains
- We operate 307 zero emission buses
- In the UK 100% of Arriva London (overground) trains are electric
- In Sweden 100 % of our trains are electric