They were awarded the contract to deliver the power that keeps one of the largest supermarket chains in the UK running. And enabled stronger sustainability claims, improved customer service levels and helped localise the customer’s parent retail group’s trading strategy requirements as part of the transition.
The renowned supermarket chain – with 900 UK stores – was approaching the end of its contracts cycle. It had identified its energy supplier as one to replace, and launched a tender process.
Drax ticked the chain’s boxes:
- Renewable source electricity supply
- Trading-strategy expertise
- Experience of large rollouts
- Clear communications and efficient project management capability
- Ability to reduce costs and develop sustainability
Find out more here