Energy is one of the greatest costs for businesses and as prices continue to rise there is a growing pressure to reduce inefficiency and drive sustainability throughout the business. Recording and monitoring energy usage is the first step towards effective energy management, followed by the challenge of fostering a culture of energy conservation.
Yet opportunities exist for businesses that take a ‘smart’ approach to energy management, and identify key strategies for moving towards the goal of long-term sustainability. Marketforce and Vodafone will be holding a webinar on 2nd October to discuss Smart Energy Management for Businesses.
The panel features Alex Pitman, Group Energy, Environment and Engineering Manager at The Co-operative Group, Goran Naslund of Vodafone and Keith Ford of LS Cable & Systems.
Key questions up for debate include:
- Managing a multi-site business: how best to monitor and compare energy usage on individual sites?
- Setting organisational baseline for energy consumption: what factors must be taken into consideration?
- Which energy management system features are critical to achieving savings and which are just a nicety?
- What data should be collected and with what frequency? How much data is too much data?
- Privacy and protection: how to ensure that data security risks are identified and addressed?
- Better tariff selection and avoiding incorrect payment: what are the financial benefits of more accurate bills?
- Isolating energy expensive equipment and habits: what are the advantages of increased visibility?
- Demonstrating CSR: how best to capitalise on the reputational benefits of improved energy management?
- Getting whole organisation buy-in: successfully fostering a culture of sustainability and energy conservation
- Embedding a permanent step-change: how best to ensure smarter energy management in the long-term?
To register for the free webinar, visit the website.